swoopoman necesitaba un nuevo diseño de banner publicitario y lanzó un concurso de diseño en 99designs.
Un ganador ha sido elegido entre 69 diseños de 13 diseñadores freelance.
We need to create a new set of online banners, for a global auction website – Swoopo. These banners could potentially get 50million impressions a day across several countries. They need to be eye catching and encourage clicks and sales.
Swoopo is an online auction website with atwist. Our users purchase bids, and then place those bids on the items thatthey want the most - potentially saving tremendous amounts on hundreds of itemseach day.
Take a look at some of our existing bannersto get an idea of what we have available at the moment.
We want to try totally new designs, soplease do not simply replicate these with a slightly better design. Use yourimagination and experience to think what will work best, and what willencourage the most clicks.
Here are some features of the banners whichyou could choose to include (but not required).
- Countdownclock of the auction
- Users bidding(flashing price/ name changing). Does not necessarily have to have the samelook as the website, as in the existing banners we have. Anything that is eyecatching will have the same effect.
- Productsthat “sheen”. I.e. like our logo – with a glossy effect.
- Productsthat zoom in/ zoom out.
- Bid buttonthat ‘jumps out’ – or a similar strong call to action.
- Revolvingmulti-coloured border, as shown in the flash example.
- Promotioncode text
- Swoopo URL
- Swoopo Logo As Swoopo operates in the US, UK, Germany,Spain and Austria (and very soon, Canada), the banners have global scope, and would need to be createdfor every country, with translated text, prices and possibly differentproducts. Please take this intoconsideration when designing the banners, and ensure everything is easilyeditable.
Use http://www.swoopo.com (US) as a source forauction details and price information.
- An eye catchingdesign, with a goal to encourage clicks that will convert.
- Should includeproduct(s)/price(s).
- Inclusion of theSwoopo logo http://i44.tinypic.com/2n88ygx.jpg
- Submission in.psd/.fla format, with compressed version in .gif/.swf of 8 banners, sized 120x600,160x600, 250x250, 200x200, 336x280, 468x60, 728x90 and 300x250 pixels.
- You can submit either flash, gif, or both, but only submit one file per theme with all size banners to the contest.
- Compliance withGoogle guidelines http://adwords.google.com/support/a…opic=16863, in particular animation length, strobing etc. and Yahoo! guidelines http://adspecs.yahoo.com/policies.php
- Maximum file size(when compressed to gif/swf) of 30kb for all sizes. The quality must not bejeopardized too much.
- use products that are easily found across all countries (Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360 Elite, HDTVs, Nikon D90, etc...)
- Replicas of our existingbanners.