We are a startup building a jewelry app - Tishi - to help fashion conscious professionals find quality costume/fashion jewelry, from brands and jewelry makers around the world, on the go.
*Motivation for this app:*
Women are becoming increasingly independent, and along with that, they possess a greater buying power than ever before to enable them to choose and purchase jewelry for themselves. Buying beautiful pieces are both a reward and thrill and the wearing of self-purchased jewelry boosts confidence and happiness.
Yet, with busy lifestyles that enable their financial buying power, also decrease the time they can spend on browsing and purchasing fashion accessories. They want quality, easily accessible products, but need a shopping experience that suits their lifestyle. We deliver this shopping experience, so all women can create and be empowered by their perfect look with ease.
*Some context on the name and the app:*
- The app is called Tishi, which is borrowed from the Chinese verb for “to remind”, as jewelry reminds women who they are as well as the occasions they have purchased certain items for.
- Our customers have a busy lifestyle which leaves them for little time to shop, but they are regularly looking for new costume jewelry (price ranges mostly between 20 and 60 US dollars) to spice up outfits, reward themselves for little achievements or as cheap thrills on exhausting or emotional days.
- Our key value proposition is that they can discover and purchase jewellery on the go, with a purpose built experience on their iPhone.
- Our customers also expect quality jewelry and easy return policies so their purchases do not end up being a waste of money or hassle. For that reason we vet the retailers, brands and jewelry makers we work with, to ensure our customers have a consistently good experience.
- Based on our research so far, the ideal brand and story will create a feeling of curiosity, excitement and aspiration, while being trustworthy and enabling our users to shop with confidence.
*More about the target group:*
We are aiming for women aged 25-35 and based in the United States.
Persona 1) The fashion-conscious professional trying to spice up the outfits she already has. This user has little time due to a busy lifestyle, is often restricted in terms of outfits because of office dress codes, but is keen to be fashion forward with the addition of unique pieces of jewelry. She will spend $20-50 on a new piece of fashion jewelry every few weeks. While she would often shop in department stores that aggregate many brands and styles, she will shop online from known brands that she previously had a good experience with.
Persona 2) The fashionista girl looking for trends, inspiration and unique pieces for her jewelry collection. This user is very active on Instagram and follows a lot of fashion bloggers and companies directly. She loves talking about fashion and often influences her friends when it comes to fashion. She is very comfortable buying online from all sorts of sites and expects easy returns.