We want to be known as your high-end neighborhood salon. Hair Studio 408 is located in Eugene, Oregon with a range of services including hair, nails, lashes, tanning and waxing. Our concept is modern, industrial chic which will get expressed through our branding, environment and stylists.
We want to be known for:
• Customer care
• Feeling pampered
• Fun, relaxing experience
• You leave feeling beautiful!
Mainly women (and some men) who appreciate style and their attitude is laid back, fun, creative, professional, classy, know style. They are not overly pretentious and definitely wise with their money. I like to treat myself but don’t go overboard at an all-day spa. I am looking to relax, connect and leave feeling confident and beautiful.
• Modern + Industrial + Chic style sense (inspiring salon look and feel. Decor will have natural materials like reclaimed wood, cement floors, botanicals hanging, west elm style furniture in salon lobby). Lots of white, grey cooler clean modern colors.
• West Elm Meets Anthropology + Aveda Meets Magnolia Home
Open on colors for the logo: However please
1. Consider black, neutrals grays.
Or pops of modern high end color - think SOHO New York
2. Midnight Blue
3. Antique Green Succulent
4. Slate Gray + Aqua Blues
Food for thought:
We love the Fixer Upper Joanne Gaines style -but need to push it slightly more modern industrial hip given we're in the fashion/style beauty industry.
Congrats! Appreciate all your creative designs. We picked our top 4 talented Designers. Below is our input for the final round of changes before selecting a winner. If you have questions send me a note. I will let you know which of your logos we like best in private message.
General Feedback & Next Steps
1. please submit your logo as a sign and as a two sided business card. If time allows an ideal font that would be the recommended for the business card and would likely carry over to the website would be super useful so everything ties together building an overall brand look and feel.
2. mockup design of your best logo inserted into the horizontal signage on the building. See original brief for photo of the outside of salon. Consider showing your logo on the actual building where you think it fits best.
3. show logo design as a window cling or decal since the logo and branding on the windows will be very important given there are so many windows. See pics in brief for actual window space. A mockup of how you'd recommend using the logo in the space would be helpful. Thinking it would be on the double doors or just to the right of the doors.
4. For the inside of the salon, show your logo design using metal stainless steel cut out that can be used inside the salon right behind the counter, there will be white shiplack wall where the oversized logo will go. In your mind, what does it look like? I included inspiration pics in the original brief attachment so you can see the checkin desk area. Imagine white shiplack wall behind desk.
5. create a unique pattern or print (possibly using color or a pattern that repeats) that fits the look and feel and can be used as a complimentary brand print or pattern on the back of business card (and website eventually)
6. finalize color palette setting 2-3 recommended colors that could be set as our NEW final brand colors moving toward. Maybe we'd paint an accent wall that color or print multiple colors of business cards. This will be used in our style guide so we don't deviate.
7. show logo as a standup sandwich board that is placed out in front of the salon near road to attract walkin customers to book an appointment. Dimensions 2 1/2 feet wide x 3 feet tall. Important: It must stand out to people driving by so explore color, no black on this particular sign.
Let me know if you have questions. We will get back to you as quick as possible.