✩✩✩ THE LOGO ✩✩✩
- Outline of an OAK TREE, the tree should be illustrated and evenly round (like in the simon logo 3.jpg attachment)
- We are looking for a clean text. It should be rather full (not too fine) with a rounded feeling.
- It should not just be an out of the box font, it should have interesting detail to it. (rounded edges, cut outs, interesting inflections - anything, just not straight clean font)
- A little like the Rodina typeface (https://www.facebook.com/christianp…5102528120) but with some more interesting edits.
- The font from this logo is also ok, could be a little less round but the details of the "r" and the "n" are nice: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co…bf6900.jpg
- Strong preference to red and white (similar to the attached Virgin red).
- Would like it to work with a colour gradient and also in a straight black or white.
ABOUT THE BRAND:
HomeTree's management team is passionate about sustainability and the shift to a low carbon future, and although the marketplace will be focused on the broader home construction space (kitchens, bathrooms, solar PV, home extensions etc.), HomeTree management have a special focus on accelerating the deployment of renewable installations through the platform.
The name HomeTree is inspired by James Cameron’s 2009 movie Avatar. The key theme of this movie is deep ecology and that human interference with or destruction of the natural world poses a threat not only to humans but to all organisms constituting the natural order. In the movie, the local tribe lives in a massive tree called HomeTree which acts as the central point of the sustainability focused locals - the nexus of its ecosystem.
Given that management are trying to build the intermediary of choice in a highly fragmented and fractured industry, and that they have a passion for sustainability, they felt HomeTree was an appropriate name.