Update #2: Ok try to stay away from biceps, flexing men, and barbells/dumbbells please, it's being overdone and it's not what I'm after. I'd much prefer a sleek looking animal that gives a feeling of 'strength' or something medieval (but simple and that could appeal to females as well as men)
Update #1: Thanks for the designs so far all, really good to see how well the competition is going so far. I would prefer to see less biceps if possible, unless they're quite clever and could also appeal to a female audience as well as male.
- I would like it to relate to the word 'forge' (noun or verb)
- If you're good at animal logos, I like the idea of having either a black panther or an armadillo as the logo, as long as they don't look "cute"
- Some connotation to either a blacksmith's forge (the noun) or the verb (e.g. to 'forge' something strong) would be great. I do like medieval stuff, so any subtle reference to that time would be cool!
- I would like a full color logo and a monochromatic version for certain printing (e.g. T-shirts, letterheads)
- The letters 4G I feel can be made highly aesthetic; I think it would be a good idea having the letters 4G as a part of the logo, and the word Fitness below the logo, but I'll leave this up to your discretion as this will depend on your design
- Please avoid clichés like flexing biceps, or a dumbbell. UNLESS... you use them creatively. If they're used creatively, then I'm 100% for it.
All that said... BE CREATIVE. If you want to break one of my guidelines, go for it! Rules are made to be broken—over anything I just listed, I want a great logo, so do whatever it takes :)
1 more thing; I have a lot of experience with Photoshop and Illustrator. So feel free to keep that in mind if it's relevant for anything.