We're starting a new film company called The Alexander Company, and it needs a logo. Our first feature film project, slated to be released in 2011, will be co-produced by an Oscar and Golden Globe-winning producer, so you WILL likely see your work on the silver screen.
The Alexander Company
We're looking for a fairly simple, uncomplicated and uncluttered logo shaped somewhat like this one:
What I mean by that is that we're looking for the centerpiece / universally recognizable part of our logo to be the emblem above our company name, as opposed to a company name that's tied into the logo. More examples of what I mean:
Now, more specifically, we'd like the emblem to be a lifelike medieval sword clutched in a fist pointing upwards and to the side, like so:
Alittle bit more upwards though, as in "that way, TO WAR!" Also, thesword should be a little thicker (not of an unrealistic or cartoonish size though)as to have a more imposing presence that wouldlook good as an emblem.
Oh and we also need a nice business card to put the logo on, so please include that too, but focus on making the logo: it's easy to just put a good logo on a nice business card template. :)
Read the 'wants' and 'don't wants' for more info.
- logo to be simple, uncomplicated and uncluttered (I usually prefer vector logos)
- emblem to be icon-shaped like the first example
- emblem to be the universally recognizable centerpiece of the logo, with 'The Alexander Company' written underneath
- emblem to be an imposing lifelike medieval sword clutched in a fist, pointed upwards and to the side, as if by a general commanding his army to attack in that direction
- overall logo must have an ancient, medieval, lifelike (not cartoonish) look
- logo must be excellent enough to show to hundreds of thousands of people before a movie
- colors of your choice, but I think black on dark gold background (like ancient coins) would look good as one of the options
- do good: more people will see this than anything else you'll ever make :)
- no logos that look anything but stellar
- no logos that are too complicated / messy
- nothing techy: this is a logo themed after Alexander the Great, not a logo for a web 2.0 company :)
- nothing unrealistic or cartoonish