myfoco is a non profit social utility designed to connect youth who age out of the foster care system to resources specifically housing, education, employment, and relationships.
On one hand we are a social networking site that connects volunteers, foster kids, and state employees to the needed social relationships. On the other hand we are a tool that connects youth who age out of the foster care system to resources.
Our goal is to create a logos that is sleek, functional, and recognizable to also translate into a natioanally recognizable brand for foster care.
Think how Lance Armstrong created a brand for cancer with the live strong movement. http://www.livestrong.org
Our target audience are children in the foster care system, employees of child protective services, volunteers that give their time and money to support orphans. Our audience is young, hip, cool, and tired of people feeling sorry for them. We have volunteers that are affluent good hearted people, and will gravitate towards something that isn't offensive but like sleek, trendy things.
Something like twitter, facebook, and apple are things that make our audience move. Another words they like something that can be a "fad" trendy the in thing etc.
Please think about what makes a lot of the social media brands successful. We want something that isn't teeny bopperish, or corny anime. Think: slick, hip, strong.
- all lowercase text
- don't create a cheesy holding hands save the children logo we don't want to look pitful we want something strong, sleek, sexy, and inviting.
- Use blue & green colors different shades of these colors only
- We need an icon that can be used as a button for iphone apps and the text myfoco.org
- Think to yourself "is this brandable" "can i put it alone and people know what it is.
Feel free to use any of these taglines:
- Fostering Connections
- Get connected
- Where foster kids connect
- connecting youth to what they need
-changing lives one connection at a time