We are the largest (and first) chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council in the state of Florida. We have grown dramatically in the past 3 years and have been using the standard U.S. Green Building Council chapter logo provided to us. Now, we need a new one!
We are the largest (and first) chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council in the state of Florida. We have grown dramatically in the past 3 years and have been using the standard U.S. Green Building Council chapter logo provided to us. Here it is:
We would like a new logo that is more representative of who we are, especially given our geographic location (i.e. instead of the oak leaf in the above logo, maybe a cabbage palm or another more “Florida” indicative plant could be used.)
One example of this regionalization of the logo would be the Cascadia Chapter of the Council, which is based in the Pacific Northwest and shares the salmon as a unifying
environmental symbol and cause.
To give you a sense of who we are, here are our Florida Gulf Coast Chapter vision and mission statements:
Our vision is to hand the next generation a healthy, self-sustaining Florida.
The mission of the Florida Gulf Coast Chapter of the USGBC is to lead the region toward sustainability by encouraging and advancing environmental friendly knowledge and values as they pertain to the built environment and its relationship and impact on nature and human kind.
We will work together with others. We will lead by example.
While we have started out as one large chapter, that is changing. We will still be one large chapter, but it will be subdivided into “branches” or smaller chapters. It would be nice if we could have one logo with pieces that could represent the branches (ultimately there will probably 4 branches in the chapter.) However, if this is problematic, it’s not essential; we could have a chapter logo, and branches could always create their own logos.
The logo should be a fresh design, a bold signature, and translatable to various mediums (website, printed collateral, T-shirts, etc.)
- It should include the words U.S. Green Building Council or USGBC
- It should also include the words "Florida Gulf Coast". It might also include the word "chapter" after "Florida Gulf Coast" but that's not absolutely necessary. And it's possible that "Florida" could be abbreviated to just "FL"
- There should be some graphic element that is indicative of Florida (i.e. cabbage palm which is the state tree or some other element.)
- we want it in vector format like that produced by Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator so that we can resize the graphic without any loss of quality — something JPG, GIF, TIFF and PNG files don't do.
- we don't want something that's difficult to imprint on things
- we don't want something too generic...