My name is Kim Robertson (Director of Swap Kids Stuff P/L and mum of 2). I have 15 years in advertising, marketing and business development within the IT industry. This service is a first of its kind to offer mums the opportunity to send in their unwanted/pre-loved kids clothes and receive ‘credit points’ they can then spend on the website, which contains a catalogue with a wide range of thousands of pre-loved kids clothes (newborn to 12 year old kids size) in great condition. The actual items of clothes they select are free as the only money they outlay is on the small annual membership, handling fee and postage.
Why would people use our service
1. They want to turn their unwanted, pre-loved kids clothes into real value by trading for something they need (without spending a fortune)
2. They don't have to wait for someone to have a swap match - they add and take from an existing pool of quality pre-loved clothing.
3. If you sell your kids clothes on auction sites you're lucky to get 25% of the value back - with this service you could argue your getting 100% back (like for like)
4. Swapping with friends is hit and miss as they may have more of a need for your pre-loved clothes and don't have something of equal value to give in return (ie your child is older)
5. You are given clothes as gifts that are the wrong size, wrong season
6. They don't have to leave home
Target audience: Mothers with children under 12 years old. We envisage a trusted countrywide online community of busy, money savvy mums who want to extend their very limited clothes swapping network (made up of immediate friends and family) without having to compromise on quality. Freeing up much needed cash to spend on other things their family may need. Saving them time and money whilst helping them to reduce their households carbon footprint one swap at a time (through the recycling of clothes before they need to be thrown out).
The logo needs to contain the following words http://www.swapkidsclothes.com.au
Powered by the busy and money savvy mums of Australia.
Feel free to be creative.
Brand attributes we aspire to – trustworthy, community focused, network, friendly, professional (not cheap/nasty), quality, fun, care for our children, innovative/modern, practical, supporting the environment by facilitating the recycling of quality clothes in good condition not ready to be thrown out.
Colours: bright mix of colours (we are selling a service within the kids clothing industry).
The logo will be used for the website, banner advertising, stationary, promo material etc.