Brown Business Brokers
WHO WE ARE: Brown Business Brokers helps business owners sell their business, including real estate if property is owned, and helps entrepreneurs find the right business to purchase.
What we mean by being a "challenger brand" is that we aren't number one, but we are willing to accept the implications of the gap b/w us and #1 and do what others won't...and also sacrifice some things to get there. Basically the strategic purpose of sacrifice being to create strong points of difference - and sensed momentum - and to avoid indifference. We want to use our identity to really reinforce this idea of being a "challenger".
CREATIVE OBJECTIVE: Although the owner has local connections, Brown Business Brokers is brand new in the market. We want this logo to develop a strong presence and to stand out from competitors as we launch into the market! We want to be taken seriously b/c what we do is serious; however, we are not afraid to use personality and sense of humor in our marketing pieces to differentiate us.
WORDS WE MIGHT USE TO DESCRIBE OUR LOGO:
MESSAGE TO COMMUNICATE (see attached doc for more specifics):
We understand what you care about b/c we've been in your position. You need to remain focused on running your business, and let us handle the sales process. We are here to serve your ultimate needs and bring you the best, fair market price.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Business Owners and Prospective Business Owners, along with a secondary networking audience (from businessmen to bartenders etc).
WHAT BUSINESS OWNERS CARE ABOUT: A smooth process and the best price in the end. They want to focus on the daily operations of their business - while the sale of their business is being handled separately and confidentially.
In a broker, they want an advocate who is accessible, dependable and honest. Someone with integrity who they can trust, is confidential and has industry expertise. Simply put, a relationship.
COMPETITORS: Currently there are several brokers in the area and probably two leading/larger companies. Both of the larger companies claim to have “sold the most businesses in the world” or be the “biggest brokerage firm” – we can’t be either but we are accessible and we work hard for our clients (reminds me of Avis is #2/we try harder campaign. We are definitely a “challenger brand”!!)
Most competitors use colors in the blue family (like the financial industry). At least one uses green and another red & black. We are open to any color suggestions…keeping in mind the target too…
We want you to have design freedom, but there are a couple of things to note:
• Brown Business Brokers is the first logo we need. There are actually other entities that will eventually need logos – Brown Realty will be the first to follow (once real estate broker license is obtained, this will coincide with Brown Business Brokers). We don’t want to limit any design suggestions, but do want you to be aware.
• Logo will be used in the following mediums so more design work may follow logo: stationery suite, web, and direct mail. Web will probably most used and most visible, seen on larger industry sites.
• Color version needs to translate in 1-color black and reversed (white).
• We would like logo delievered in the following formats:
-Illustrator vector EPS files in black, color, and reversed (white)
-JPGs in high- and low-res, roughly 300px and 3000px wide; in color
-High-res (300 PPI) transparent PNGs for use in Microsoft or other desktop office applications
- any other format recommended by designer
• Would also like a recommended font to be used along with logo for e-communication, etc. by winning designer
Attached is a Word doc with original design brief if you would like to review even more specific messaging. Thank you -- we will be leaving feedback through the process...Can't wait to see submissions!