Romanian Institute for Science and Technology
The Romanian Institute for Science and Technology is a recently founded, private, non-profit research institute. It will cover all fields of science and technology. It aims to become a leading research institute in Romania, by attracting bright, young Romanian scientists that currently work abroad.
The logo should be abstract, not related to a particular field of science.
It should be composed of a graphical item, along the full text "Romanian Institute of Science and Technology" or (in Romanian) "Institutul Român de Ştiinţă şi Tehnologie". It would be great if the same graphical item could be placed along the acronyms RIST or IRST, when the logo is used on small items.
One may choose between a modern style (that suggests cutting-edge science, technology) or a more classical / conservative one (that suggests prestige, excellence), or something in between. The graphics should be clean, crisp.
The logo will be used on the website, stationery and other items. While colors are welcome, the black and white version should also be usable. The main version of the logo should be on a white background.
The target audience is:
1. The scientists that will work within the institute and the ones that will use in their work the results developed at the institute (an international audience).
2. Sponsors and donors (private companies, mostly from Romania).
3. The public interested in the institute's results.
Things we do NOT want:
- iconic logos featuring things like microscopes, test tubes, atoms;
- a logo based on the letters of the name or of the acronym;
- use of gradients.
Examples of logos similar in style to what we envisage / what we like: