Serial entrepreneur. Have started-up 10 country subsidiaries for various software companies, now doing my own start-up. May use the winner again for other graphics in the future.
Cuéntanos a qué tipo de público quieres llegar
On 1 hand it is retailers who need to be confident to share data / information with RetaiLigence. Therefore the logo needs to be fairly corporate feeling. On the other-hand it is smaller web-sites, mobile phone application developers and advertising agencies and for that reason the logo should be fresh, modern and Web 2.0'ish.
Corporate companies would be companies like Oracle, i2 Technologies, IBM, http://www.JDA.com, etc.
I can tell you some things I like. The logo should probably not incorporate all of them, but obviously some of them will make it more attractive to me. So general preferences:
- generally like Blue (perhaps a http://www.microsoft.com blue or darker. Example: I like blue at http://www.jda.com/)
- need some small picture/icon/logo, not just text
- The picture/icon/logo could give a sense of Data (or intelligence)
- The "L" of RetaiLigence should be capitalized
- I love 3D look. How you incorporate 3D could be a reflection on the bottom (like Apple uses), or perhaps 3D picture/icon/logo, or font
- Other concepts that are relevant to RetaiLigence are data, "real-time" and "cloud" (as in Cloud computing)