Arizonans for Prevention (AzFP)
Arizonans for Prevention is a statewide, non-profit organization that provides "A unified vision and voice for prevention in Arizona."
To build strong, healthy individuals, families and communities in Arizona by encouraging the development and implementation of quality prevention services through advocacy, education and collaboration.
To be Arizona’s recognized leader in promoting prevention as an effective way to reduce the legal, economic and health care costs associated with social problems.
Target Areas for Prevention
1. Substance abuse
2. Teen pregnancy/STD prevention
3. Violence (suicide, child abuse, domestic violence, etc.)
4. School dropout
1. Links individuals, organizations, services and resources from all branches of community prevention and health promotion.
2. Represents and advocates for all prevention professionals and families across the state. AzFP coordinates advocacy efforts to help legislators make informed decisions regarding legislation and public policies that impact prevention efforts in Arizona and the health of Arizona families.
3. Provides educational trainings and certifications regarding effective planning and evidence-based prevention programming.
We seek to target/recruit prevention organizations, coalitions, schools, families, legislators and other stakeholders to join AzFP to make prevention a priority in Arizona to reduce staggering legal, economic and health care costs associated with social problems.
1. Logo should be longer horizontally than vertically. Must function equally well with letterhead, webpage and other promotional materials. Webpage will be inspired by the logo.
2. Incorporate the state flag's colors: blue and gold (does not need to be limited to these two). You can google the Arizona State flag for inspiration.
3. Professional, yet equally appealing to legislators and community members.