Pinot Warehouse and pinotwarehouse.com
I am a wine blogger http://princeofwine.com and I am launching a dedicated site for pinot noir lovers and shoppers (e-commerce). The site will have detailed information about pinot noir wines and the wine regions it grows in such as the burgundy area of France as well as California, Oregon, New Zealand etc.
Wine lovers in general but specifically pinot noir enthusiasts who can be fanatical! There will be an e-commerce component to the site. Pinot noir is a specific red grape variety that is generally harder to grow and make. For detailed information about pinot noir you may check this wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinot_noir
Not all pinot noir wines are red wines since pinot noir is also used to make champagne and white pinot noirs. However, for the purpose of this site the main audience is the RED pinot noir drinkers.
1. Simple and elegant design. Please nothing busy or loud colors. Check out my other wine site's logo http://princeofwine.com. The sites will not be related so the designs/ colors can be different.
2. Since the name has "warehouse", play on the combination of INDUSTRIAL (warehouse) and ELEGANT (pinot).
3. You do not have to have a bottle or/and glass in logo, but if you do, read below (4 and 5) as applicable.
4 Bottle: If you are going to have a bottle in the logo, it must be the "burgundy" style bottle (sloping shoulders) and not the bottle type used for cabernet sauvignon (straight shoulders).
5. Glass: Pinot Noir can be consumed in many kinds of wine glasses, but enthusiasts tend to get a specific shape designed for pinot noir. Most common glass shape is a "red burgundy" design which is generally a larger oval style wine glass. A very well known wine glass maker is http://riedel.com
6. The logo must have both the image as well as the words pinotwarehouse.com
7. Must provide a photoshop file / source files and font identity so we can separate the image from pinotwarehouse.com for promotional items where we print only the image or the words pinotwarehouse.com
Thanks and cheers!