Sudbury Eye Care - http://www.sudburyeye.com
Sudbury Eye Care is a new optometry (eye doctor) practice based in the metrowest Boston area. Our goal is to revolutionize the eyecare industry in three ways:
* Exceptional eyecare - our optometrists have worked both in one of the leading eye care research hospitals (Harvard Medical School/Mass Eye and Ear) and in one of the most respected and exclusive retail opticals serving a celebrity clientele (Visionary Optics East Hampton). Drawing on this experience, we provide patients with exceptional eye care including eye exams, glasses prescriptions, contact lens fittings, primary care for eye conditions, and low vision rehabilitation. We help patients see, look, and feel great!
* Community service - we support and participate in leading vision charities that help give the gift of vision to people around the world.
* Marketing - most optometry offices, websites and marketing are utterly unremarkable. We're lucky to have friends who are going to help us change that and reinvent the way optometrists market themselves. This process starts with the logo - AND THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN!
We are currently working on our website, but have a basic Wordpress site up now with additional information about the practice: http://www.sudburyeye.com. Don't take any design cues from the current site; it's just temporary (for search rankings) while we develop the site.
Our primary marketing target is mothers in professional suburban families. They are middle to upper class, are 30 to 50 years old, have school age children, often have a successful career or business, and as a consequence are very busy. They are well educated, have high standards, and often want "the best" (while still being financially prudent).
We also have a secondary target of low vision patients, which are often elderly. We are not explicitly designing for them, but we want to make sure our designs are at least readable by this audience when on a business card or print advertising.
We are looking for a logo (psd) that:
(1) Is Eye Catching - the logo should be memorable and capable of catching someone's eye when they see it on a 24"W x 36"H A-frame sign while driving by. By the way, we will be running a separate contest for the sign after we decide on a logo.
(2) Promotes Branding - the logo should convey our brand look and feel including, in order of priority:
a. Service - patients should feel they are getting exceptional service and that this was unquestionably the best eye exam experience they have had.
b. Quality - patients should feel they are in the hands of trustworthy, experienced doctors who provide top-quality optometric eye care.
c. Family - We provide family eye care both to adults and children. Our look & feel should be inviting to the whole family, but should not pigeonhole us as a purely child- or adult- eye care provider.
d. Inviting - We want to provide an aesthetic that is comfortable, modern, clean and inviting.
The logo should provide a sense of what we do with a visual related to eye care, contacts, glasses, etc. It should have the business name Sudbury Eye Care.
Please experiment on colors and designs - we'll provide feedback. One idea we had was to tie in with something historic about the town (google "sudbury grist mill" or "wayside inn"). But we're not tied to this - we want your ideas!