A non-profit organization is being set up in Northrhine-Westfalia ("NRW"), Germany, to support a web-enabled network (in German "Netz") for persons suffering from age-related macular degeneration ("AMD") which leads to severe visual impairment. The network in Northrhine-Westfalia will include doctors, clinics, service providers, patients and their next of kin. Information, links, data, forums and cooperation tools will be part of the web-site. If successful, we plan to roll-out across Germany, but just in NRW there are about 400.000 persons suffering from AMD in various stages.
The users of the web-site will at least in part be visually impaired if they suffer from early stages of AMD. Their families, doctors, scientific experts will also use the platform.
Claims that characterize the platform are:
- Seeing further together.
- Information, guidance, help.
- Getting an overview. Maintaining life quality.
- Autonomy, mobility, perspective.
1) The logo should make reference to or symbolize networking and vision/eyes.
2) Coloring needs to be such that contrasts are strong given the visual impairments of many users.
3) "NRW", i.e. the states name abbreviation, should be smaller than the Name "AMD-Netz"