Please have a look at the attached images. We provide information about logo placement and inspirational imagery.
We will build our brand on the following base:
1) IMAGES: We will show inspiring images combined with strong slogans. We thought of a logo which can be used as simple lettering on top of an image. So using a illustration in the logo should be optional.
2) FEELINGS: We want our user to feel curious and relaxed when interacting with our brand. Also, they should feel some sort of anticipation and inspiration, when seeing the logo combined with inspiring images.
3) PERSONA: Our target user is young (18-35), wants to explore the world and seeks for new inspiration. He is educated, student or already working and a generation-y child, so used to iPads, connected devices and good user experience design. He should build trust for our brand, he is investing a lot of his hard earned money in one of the most important experiences of his year.
4) PERSONALIZATION: Since our product is all about personalization we want, in best case, an individual brand experience for every user. This could result in a logo which is individual for every single user, a logo which is simple to remember with an own idea or good thought. We also thought and liked the idea of a handwritten font, maybe an individual font for our brand.
5) PLACEMENT: Our logo will be placed on top of strong images. In the most cases the background won't be a single color, so it needs to be bold enough to be shown on unstructured ground. Also, the logo or image/illustration (icon) of the logo will be shown in very small areas (compare to a facebook or twitter icon shown in their plugins), so there needs to be a small but still a version the user will recognize.
6) STORY: On our platform we will tell stories for each user. Our brand is connected to a good story, books and notes. We don't want our brand to be a typical travel brand, so we didn't thought of planes, luggages or other travel related icons/illustrations in our logo, but more resembling the stories and experiences of a journey.
7) MASCOT: We thought of a chameleon as a perfect fit for our brand. It changes the color of its skin depending on the surrounding – so, in a way, it personalizes its appearance depending on the situation. Besides that, it's a pretty funny animal to look at. Maybe you want to build something with a chameleon as a mascot (seperate task) or inside the logo.
EXAMPLES & INSPIRATION
In our opinion, there are a lot of awesome brands online today. To pick three we really like and want to name as a additional inspiration we decided on:
a) airbnb.com: With the new rebranding a few weeks ago they did a enormous step into building a great and big brand around their emotional product. We like the brand message behind the logo, the symbol as a unique mark for their brand and the image language in general.
b) FifhtyThree.com: They combine very good images and videos with great messages. The story the tell on their website is very emotional.
c) MailChimp.com: Nice story telling, funny language, great illustrations and a modern user experience on their website.