Our company will be initially focused on higher end accessories for iPad (priced near $100). Later we will likely branch into accessories for other Apple products including iPod/iPhone and Mac.
The obvious target market is:
• current and prospective iPad owners
One source describes iPad owners as "predominantly male, outnumbering women 2 to 1 and between 35 and 44 with 94% being likely affluent with higher income and more wealth then the average U.S. Yahoo user." Sailing happens to appeal to a very similar demographic described by a yachting magazine as: predominately male, Caucasian, middle-aged, well educated, well traveled, highly affluent, coastal and disproportionately powerful and influential. This is the key audience our logo and brand must appeal to.
Secondary, and less obvious audiences and markets our brand must gain traction with include:
• iPhone and iPod owners
• Mac, especially MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and Cinema display, owners (all aluminum finished Apple products)
• luxury gift market (think registries and brands like Nambe)
Tertiary and even less obvious audiences:
• retail/catalog merchandise managers (think Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy, Crate and Barrel, Apple Store, Fry's, etc)
• Apple enthusiast bloggers/product reviewers and journalist
• luxury hotels
• upscale restaurants
• art galleries
• investors (to offer bigger bounties of course)