We are about to launch a product that integrates into various graphical tools like Adobe CS, AutoDesk, Apple Final Cut etc. It's a digital asset versioning & workflow solution that has been benchmarked as the fastest on the planet. Can handle Terra bytes of files blazingly fast. It manages the creative workflow to reduce the burden of monotonous stuff a creative has to do.
Logo needs to be playful but not frivolous or cheap. It should conjure up an image that oozes sophistication but not be conservative. Hi-tech, chic, modern, clean, unique, bold & bright is good. Think revolution, game changer, world is in awe, jaw dropping..you get the idea. We love cool looking icons so go for it.
Do avoid a 'stock' look that pervades many a design. The logo needs to
convey what we do namely blazing fast asset versioning & workflow software, as the name 'evolphin software' itself doesn't convey much.
So the logo needs to compensate for it.
Bottom line, if a creative like you came to our site, they should go, "Wow! cool logo, this company must have something up its sleeve. Gotta tell my buddies"
Creative professionals in design community, game developers, mobile app designer & developers. Basically the cool dudes, they should get a strong impression that something really creative is the matter with this company.
Just as you guessed, the name "evolphin" was inspired by those cute dolphins. Playful, agile, grace, fluid motion are attributes that come to mind when we think Dolphin. You may experiment with a dolphin blending though not required. Please NO explicit dolphin stock image. If you use a dolphin make sure its an artistic rendering not a stock looking dolphin!! Can't repeat that enough.
No pinks please. As we see designs, we can zero on the colors we like. We can tell you if we like the concept but want this or that color.
- A tag line, "Revolution in asset versioning & workflow", need to be an optional element. We want to see with & without how it looks.
- Software should definitely be in a smaller font than evolphin
The logo should scale to an iPhone screen, normal web page, business stationary on printed paper.
Website design would be the next contest once the logo is done. We would like the same designer to work on the website design as well to ensure consistent look-n-feel.
1. Illustrator Vector Art with layers
2. All fonts used
3. Make sure we can extract an icon from the logo that can scale down to a thumbnail for the software UI. The extracted icon needs to scale from 32x32 to 256x256 pixel.
4. Tag line should be a separate layer or group that can be turned off
5. We would like the winner of the contest to create a business card based on the logo. No need to show it during the contest as the focus is on logo but is a final deliverable on payment.