Our school is beginning our second fifty years of operation and would like to update our image/marketing footprint/ brand. As part of this effort we would like to refresh and update our school crest/ logo.
PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL COMMENTS IN THE "WHAT I WANT" SECTION
- Valley Prep values things such as Innovation, Inspiration, Imagination, Creativity, Collaboration, Cutting Edge, Character, Enthusiasm, and Energy.
- Valley Preparatory School is a small, 3 years to 8th grade Prep school. Valley Prep prides itself on having a family atmosphere while having a holistic approach to teaching.
- Students learn music, art, foreign language, computer skills and many other things beginning in Kindergarten.
- Graduates excel in high school, college and anything beyond once they have mastered the Valley Prep way.
- Students that attend Valley Prep come from very diverse backgrounds from countries all over the world, making Valley Prep an International/Global school.
- Valley Prep was founded in 1957.
- Valley Prep alumni are in successful positions and have graduated from colleges like Stanford, Harvard, etc...
- The school colors are navy Blue and Red. Colors such as light blue, gold, and silver are possibilities
- The mascot for Valley Prep is a Lion
- The crest/logo can contain parts or all of the old crest or none of it.Before awarding the contest to a designer, VPS will require a written document (not an email document) from the selected designer that the logo was created by them, it is an original not an abstraction of another design and has not been published anywhere (online or offline).
Additional Information - March 16th, 2009
We would like to provide extra information about the logo design. There have been a lot of designs that have been submitted. But it looks like they are influenced by what some of the designers have done. We are extending the contest to encourage more independent and creative designs. Here is additional criteria that can be used for logo design:
- It is okay to design a logo without a lion in it.
- If you are using a lion, then show a modern image of a lion creating an image of being progressive and modern.- We are looking for a modern graphic logo, with or without a lion, representative of technology, ecology, advancement, ecology, advancement, forward motion, progressive thinking*
- If you are going to design a logo without the lion, then we would like to request that the lion which isoften used at the school be re-designed to match whatever logo is created.
- The school colors are Navy Blue and Red. Colors such as light blue, gold, and silver are possibilities also. Basically get creative with color schemes to convey the right impression/image.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* A basic, simple logo (with or without a crest) that can be used for website, letterheads, envelopes and uniforms
* Template for School Stationery and Powerpoint
* Emphasis is on the "Prep".
* Mascot – a “cool” lion, approach to younger students in profile
* “The Next 50 Years”
* Logo should convey Innovation, Inspiration, Creativity, Collaboration, Cutting Edge, Character, Enthusiasm and Energy
* The school colors are navy blue and red. Bright colors like light blue, gold and silver are possibilities.
- We don't want a logo that can't be easily printable or embroidered on school uniforms.