Updated as of 4/13/14 7:30pm EST
- use only one color
- prefer little to no gradients
- Incorporate 4 main things1) Hibiscus http://www.travelsworlds.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/hibiscus-flowers-drawingshibiscus-flower-tattoo-by-metacharis-on-deviantart-cdthipvp.jpg
2) the petal edges should be organic lines and clean (so not smooth petal eges)
3) the petals should look like they are blowing in the wind.
4) The flower should have something special about it so it feels like a double meaning, image.
See logo files for ideas that came to mind recently.
The word Alana means awakening in hawaiian. The story behind it is the founder, me, who is from Hawaii went through an inner journey of awakening.
The feeling clients have being at our club is like they are at a hawaiian spa oasis. The logo should make the client feel peacefully energized, inspired! I also want to convey that we are holistic/centered/spiritual in our approach.
The logo sketch I made is just one idea. I'm totally open to more ideas/concepts.
The main thing I want to incorporate is a
- hawaiian/tropical flower like the hibiscus or the plumeria,
- and put the morning sunrise in the center (looks like a flower center also).
- with the sense of wind (movement) blowing just the ends of the petals
Some ideas - the petals can overlap each other? The hibiscus has a center thing sticking out so maybe incorporate that.
One thing - I don't like about my current sketch (purple one) b/c I think it sort of looks like a health insurance logo. It should feel more modern, beautiful, luxurious, inspiring.
The font - I think a modern/clean serif font conveys more luxuriousness (ex. Trump logo) but am open to a Sans serif font also.
Since it will be all over all types of materials (online & offline) I think a clean look is good. I really like the bird "ikaati" logo below. Eden is nice but maybe too complicated.
We will use it on binders, stationary, outdoor signs, website, and clothes so needs to work for all mediums.
I'm sooo excited! Thanks for checking out this contest and participating!! For more info on this startup health club go to: http://www.alanalife.com and my website is http://www.kristyoshita.com.