Professional, web friendly, web 2.0 widget design that is icon driven to creatively capture our features and functionality. ***Winning designer preferred for follow-on web design work.***
This contest is to design a friendly and intuitive widget called Geowake. This widget makes accessible NOAA nautical charts (maps), Points of interest, Google Map imagery, marine weather and approach navigational courses, and car directions.
The widget will be accessible to embed in website, blogs and social pages (Facebook)
Coastal business (marina, restaurant, bar, service) ack the ability to easily visualize their locations from nautical charts. Bloggers would like to visualize their boating trips simply on their blog. Simple examples our widget will resolve and meet this need.
Widget will go on sites like:
Geowake is a leader in marine data distribution through widgets and open social solutions. This widget is to break into the market. Winning designer will be prefered for follow-on work.
- Provide image file (i.e. .psd)
- Color Scheme: Light grays, dark blues, orange, yellows.( http://www.cbmmag.net) Be imaginative and offer your own ideas.
- Friendly, welcoming Web 2.0 widget
- widget dimension 400 (h) x 320 (w)
- Control bar should be creative, stylish, and sleek. - Control bar is semi-transparent. Leave some space between bottom and widget frame (4 pixles height) to show base maps. Idea is to make bar look less intrusive to map. Add your own suggestions here.
- Control bar contents will change per user selection. Bar needs to provide space for controls and content
- Control bar icons to be Web 2.0, Clear, square icons similiar to iPhone application icons - "WP+" Icon = Feature to designate a location of interest on the map.
- "Course" Icon = Feature to draw a line on the map
- "Weather" Icon = Feature to display weather
- Provide titles to each icon (WP+, Course, Weather) - easy to read font style, color.
- Clean, Click me attitude, and prominent "Chart" button (web 2.0 look, shine)
- "login" link - Log-in link clean and non-obtrusive map zoom control in upper left of frame.
- Two separate upper right map type controls - Map type = Water
- Map type = Land
- Be creative, not sure if icons are intuitive enough here. May need text.
- cheesy interface with blocky, polygon features (basically the sample I created)
- no cartoonish features or fonts