I need the existing interface http://live.rexmls.com to be overhauled to look more modern and be a blend of "functional application" with a modern attractive website look. Check http://www.zillow.com/, https://www.realestate.com.au, https://livelovely.com/ for examples of nice UIs for the real estate industry.
Currently the existing app takes you straight into the main application, the new UI should show a very simplified landing page similar to https://livelovely.com/, after which the user can click on a button, dropdown, hover item or something like that that allows them to navigate to the more detailed UI. These two separate UIs need to blend together in terms of style, colors, fonts etc
The new UI needs to retain full responsive design, the current UI collapses nicely on smaller screens. All the functionality you see in the current UI needs to be retained however each specific component can be moved, hidden by "hover" events, or generally redesigned to have a different layout than what is already there.
The current design is functional but clearly not very aesthetically interesting. Current problems include:
* Logo presentation in top left needs to be tidied (new logo attached)
* Status information could probably be displayed elsewhere
* "Selected market" dropdown and search box don't look nice together
* Search box font color doesn't work
* Each page has its content wrapped in a panel, this causes a lot of whitespace around the panel and more whitespace in the margins within the panel.
* The content within each panel is plainly laid out, plain font, no design
* With so many different backgrounds and panels and tables there are too many different colors/shades of backgrounds, at times alternating between white and grey and back to white
* The dashboard page has a very ugly table layout
* My listings -> Create Listing page has many form controls. Need a way to tidy that up, perhaps have collapsible sections?
* Listing results look terrible at the moment, check the attached images for examples of great property listing styles.
To summarise, I am looking for:
1. A new simplified landing page as the entry point to the UI, it has a simple search box with maybe a few options like buy, sell, rent. It doesn't need a full navbar or headers etc. Very simple. There should be a subtle but obvious link to switch to the detailed UI
2. A redesigned, modern look/feel for the existing detailed UI that blends nicely with the new landing page
3. Specific examples of the following components
* A list of property listings (see attached examples of a single listing)
* A detailed property listing, showing all information including large chunks of text.
* The search page, including search criteria form controls (old listings screenshot attached)
* Redesign/declutter the "Add Listing" form
* Clean up the dashboard table (old dashboard screenshot attached)
In addition to the specific content above, I am looking to use the delivered design as the template for all future pages and content. So consistent and re-usable design of fonts, buttons, tables, dropdowns, popups, screen layouts etc.