Please feel free to message me early and often, I try to read through and provide feedback twice a day to aid in the design process.
After this contest, I am looking for additional help with a Landing Page and Application graphics design. I'd highly prefer to work with the same designer for the landing page but the dashboard design doesn't necessarily need to come from the same person. Please message me if you are interested in these two potential projects in the future and I will give you details on these as well if I like your designs.
One final note here is that I hope to make this mobile friendly (and eventually an App) so please keep that in mind where possible. I understand much of this may need to change (e.g. probably a simplified interface for the dashboard) but some level of consistency would be nice.
General feedback I've posted to the messages:
1) I generally prefer it when the menu bar at the top is integrate in with the image (though note, this will need to turn solid and stay with a user when they scroll down so eventually I'd like to see both - I feel the image integration is harder to get right so let's start there)
2) Facebook/Instagram are the most important social platforms to include as icons throughout the page
3) I don't like very stark transitions from section to section (e.g. one picture straight to a very different one) but prefer something softer/more natural
4) Black and/or white logo is perfectly acceptable
5) If using blue, please ensure consistency where possible with the logo colors. Feel free to change the logo colors if another color scheme works better in your opinion.
6) The top of the page should have a clear space for 2-4 sentences that describe the value of Peredrift
7) Sections update (note, please feel free to challenge this by adding/removing/editing these sections - this is a compilation of what's stood out to me thus far) -> Front page, How it Works (including a 'start planning' button, may choose to spread this out horizontally and/or vertically), Video (if not integrated into front page), start planning button/break, Activities, blog, FAQ, customer testimonials, start planning button/break, end information
8) Please make sure the pictures represent travel well. I prefer something with a bit of adventure to it but not over the top that could scare people away
9) Many people were using free licenses that requires credit at the bottom of the page - this isn't a scalable solution so please ensure any image used can either be purchased, credit isn't required, or it can be done in a way that doesn't clutter the page.
10) Whether it's a search bar or images, many people were starting with destinations or select a destination like any other travel site. Our draw is we start with what you want to do (activities) so please adjust accordingly)