** The minimum width of the header area when compressed should not be smaller than 1100px
The main focus of the redesign is to make the design a little more professional, easier to understand and to include various categories and sub-categories.
See the existing website here:
The page has 4 components:
1) The header: This will probably include the logo and the categories (see bbc news website for categories ides).
The first category/tab after the logo will be for the 'my account' or 'me' or something similar that will ask the user to login and show them user specific searches / sub-categories. This first tab/entry should be a different colour.
The header also needs to contain links for 1) Contact, Feed my Twitter. At the end if possible I'd like a small search icon (magnifying glass) that when clicked will show the user a search box that can be used to search the entries.
The header will be fixed, when the user scrolls down the header will stay in the same place like the current Weeder design.
In this section (which could just be the top of section 3) the user should have the option to sort results by:
- Latest Posts
- Popular Today
- Popular this week
- Popular this month
3) The next section is the main results which will be very similar to the main results on http://www.wykop.pl/ except using the up and down arrows of http://weeder.org/ and they should also include the comments, share & favorite buttons
4) The final section is the is the right hand column and should be similar to the right column on http://www.wykop.pl/ which contains a smaller version of the story as well as space for some ads and a facebook box (optional).
The page does not have or need a footer as when the user scrolls to the bottom of the page the next set of stories is loaded.
The initial root categories set will be something like
- World News
Each of these will have sub categories that will be shown below when the main category is selected.
1) The popular searches and other options boxes do not need including
2) The facebook box is optional