• Terms of Service
Page description: We want a clean, modern page where people land. Big images and minimal text, but still clearly describes what we do/make. Page gives introduction to device and should have a “Buy Now” button to go straight to the purchase page. Should also have buttons to find out more about the company and the technology.
Potential phrases to use:
• The only technology available that detects airborne concentrations of nicotine and marijuana
• Prevent smoking
• Easy-to-install plug-in device
• Monitor and deter smoking in unauthorized areas
• Improving lives through novel sensor technology
• Prevent unauthorized smoking in your buildings
• Helping you create a safer and healthier environment for residents and guests.
• Protect your Smoke-Free areas
Features to highlight (Show portion in bold, the rest pops out when hovering over it or clicking):
Unique Sensors – Novel sensors that detect specific target molecules. The only technology available that detects airborne concentrations of nicotine and marijuana.
Innovative – Unlike normal smoke detectors which use light or radiation to detect particles, our sensors detect airborne concentrations of specific molecules. We detect the actual nicotine and a component of marijuana.
Easy to install – The device plugs into a standard 3 prong outlet and is secured with a tamper resistant screw.
Wi-Fi Enabled – Connect to your network and set up your device with the FreshAir mobile app.
Real time alerts – You receive an immediate e-mail notification when smoking occurs.
Scientific Proof – We generate a time coded chart of the incident data, giving you scientific proof that smoking occurred.
Mobile – Your data and device information are accessible anytime through our customer portal or mobile app.
Tamper resistant - The system is designed to thwart typical efforts to defeat detection, ensuring a smoke-free environment.
• “Before we had FreshAir Sensor our smoking fees were almost always contested by the customer and refused by the credit card companies. With FreshAir the credit card company has accepted our proof 100% of the time.”
Calculate your savings
• Property Management Example
Number of apartments 50
Average monthly rent $905
Vacancy Rate 4.8%
Additional turnover cost caused by smoking $4,000
Turnover Rate 54%
Percentage of units smoked in 15%
Monthly Cost of Smoking $1,285
Monthly Cost of FreshAir Sensor $400
Monthly Savings $885
Increased occupancy due to being certified smoke-free
(78% of renters would choose a smoke-free building. 43% would pay more for it)
1 apartment $905
2 apartments $1,810
3 apartments $2,715
4 apartments $3,620
5 apartments $4,525
• Hotel Example
Number of rooms 94
Average room rate $121
Occupancy Rate 65.6%
Cost of smoking incident $500
Includes cleaning cost, airing room, and other dissatisfied customers
Smoking fee $250
Collection Rate 50%
Smoking incidents per month 4
Monthly Cost of Smoking $1,500
Monthly Cost of FreshAir Sensor $376
Monthly Savings $1,124
Revenue from additional occupancy due to being certified smoke-free
(87% of hotel customers would prefer a smoke-free facility.)
Occupancy Increase Additional Revenue
• Top Slider: Device plugged in, hotel or apartment room
• Picture of Device
• Picture of smoking chart on laptop
• Mobile app screen
• Hotel Room
2) Our Story - Smoking
Page description: This page will describe the problem we are addressing. Talk about the health issues associated with smoking and the issue that businesses face with residents/customers smoking in unauthorized areas. After laying out the problem we want to show why FreshAir is not only a valid solution to the problem, but the BEST and ONLY solution, and will lead to a cleaner and healthier environment for their customers.
• Second and third-hand smoke have severe health effects
• There is no risk-free level of exposure to secondhand smoke
• Even short-term exposure has effects on health
• CDC estimates that over 40,000 Americans die every year from secondhand smoke
• A widely publicized 2013 study showed that rooms exposed to smoking have significant levels toxins.
• The study also found that even intense cleaning is unable to remove this dangerous residue.
• People are exposed to these hazardous substances long after smoking takes place.
• 87% of hotel guests prefer Smoke-Free rooms; hotel rooms that are not clean have the greatest negative impact on guest satisfaction
• In 2002, 2 public housing authorities were smoke-free – in 2015 there were more than 500
• The US Department of Housing and Urban Development has announced that they intend to make all public housing smoke free
• An apartment that has been smoked in can cost $3,000-8,000 to prepare for rental
• 78% of tenants, including smokers, would choose a Smoke-Free complex
• 1,477 US universities have banned tobacco on campus – up from 586 in 2011
At FreshAir Sensor, we utilize a novel, patented sensor technology, for the real time detection of hazardous airborne chemicals. We help property management companies and hotels prevent unauthorized smoking and create a safer and healthier environment for residents and guests.
• More Testimonials
• Burning cigarette
• Someone smoking
• Hotel room
3) Our Story - Technology
Page description: This page will discuss the research that led to the founding of FreshAir as a company and how the technology works.
• FreshAir Sensor’s mission is improving lives through novel sensor technology.
• 17 years of university research
• FreshAir has developed sensors for a variety compounds.
• FreshAir has a novel, patented technology that detects nicotine and marijuana.
• It is the only technology available that detects airborne concentrations of these chemicals.
How it works
• Function is similar to biological receptors in the body
• Sensors only bind with the target molecule, making them very sensitive and very specific
• Sensor resets when the target molecules are cleared
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
S. Antwi-Boampong, J.S. Peng, J. Carlan and J.J. BelBruno, "A molecularly imprinted fluoral-p/polyaniline double layer sensor system for selective sensing of formaldehyde”, Sensors Journal, IEEE 14, 1490-1498 (2014).
Sadik Antwi-Boampong, Kristina Mani, Jean Carlan and Joseph J. BelBruno, “A selective molecularly imprinted polymer-carbon nanotube sensor for cotinine sensing.”Journal of Molecular Recognition 27, 57-63(2014).
Yuan Liu, Sadik Antwi-Boampong, Joseph J. BelBruno, Mardi A. Crane, and Susanne E. Tanski. "Detection of secondhand cigarette smoke via nicotine using conductive polymer films." Nicotine & Tobacco Research (2013). doi: 10.1093/ntr/ntt007
Sadik Antwi-Boampong and Joseph J. BelBruno. "Detection of formaldehyde vapor using conductive polymer films." Sensors and Actuators B 182, 300-306 (2013).
Asta Richter and Joseph J. BelBruno. "Characterization of functional states in nicotine and cotinine imprinted poly (vinylphenol) films by nanoindentation." Journal of Applied Polymer Science 124, 2798-2806 (2012).
S.W.R. Dunbar and J.J. BelBruno, “Molecularly imprinted polymer-carbon nanotube sensor targeted to cotinine”, Chemical Sensors, 2, 14 (2012).
A. Richter and J.J. BelBruno, "Characterization of functional states in nicotine- and cotinine-imprinted poly(4-vinylphenol) films by nanoindentation", J. Applied Polymer Science DOI:Ê10.1002/app.35270 (2011).
J.J. BelBruno, G. Zhang and U.J. Gibson, "Capacitive sensing of amino acids in molecularly imprinted nylon films", Sensors and Actuators B 155, 915 (2011).
J.J. BelBruno, “Molecularly Imprinted Polymers: Artificial Receptors with Wide-Ranging Applications”, Micro and Nanosystems (2009), Invited Review-in press.
J.J. BelBruno, A. Richter and U. Gibson, “Amazing pores: processing morphology and functional states of molecularly imprinted polymers as sensing materials”, Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals 438, 179 (2008).
• Nicotine Molecule
• “How it works” image
Page description: More in depth description about device with images
• Device Facts
The device plugs into a standard North American (3 prong) outlet. It connects via your Wi-Fi to our back-end and we monitor your space for smoking. When a smoking event occurs we will notify you immediately via email. We will provide a time coded chart of the incident data, giving you scientific proof that smoking occurred.
• Link to buy
• Technical Specifications
o Power Requirements:
o Wi-Fi requirements:
o UL Certification:
• Device Plugged in
• Highlight pass thru outlet
Page description: Information about our team
• Description of company’s founding and the team - FreshAir Sensor was founded to improve lives through novel sensor technology. The team is committed to developing and deploying sensors to protect people from exposure to hazardous chemicals.
• Individual pictures with Name below
• Hover and picture changes with short bio
In the news
• News site logo with hyperlinks to articles:
• Press Inquiries, contact email@example.com