Diabetes Daily is a leading online support network that helps people affected by diabetes live a better life. Diabetes Daily features one of the largest diabetes forums, as well as original recipes, meal plans, cookbooks, blogs, educational resources, online blood glucose tracking, health challenges, and diabetes related news.
The target audience contains two different types of people. The first, are people who have had diabetes for awhile and are reaching out for support online. These types of people are either comfortable with their diagnosis and just seeking information or seeking information to better improve quality of life. The second, are people who have just been diagnosed who know little to no information and need help. These types of people are usually confused, worried, and want to learn a lot of information as quickly as possible.
The design must assume users have little to no computer skills and therefore must be extremely user friendly.
• Welcome Center homepage (see attached mockup)
- also need links on Welcome Center homepage to our facebook and twitter pages
• Sample Internal Page (see attached mockups)
- Same left navigation
- Title / Header
- Fun layout option for Quotes page and DD Stories page. For example, use quote boxes, yellow sheet of lined paper as the background, or something like that
IMPORTANT: The welcome center will go below the global site banner. You can view it at http://www.diabetesdaily.com/forum/
• Layered Photoshop Files
• Total width is under 950px
• Left column is 160px wide. Must support a 160x600px banner
• User Friendly/Welcoming – Draws people into the site and the process. Hooks to get people right into the “action.”
• Strong Design/Aesthetics – Must look inviting, professional, and appealing.
• Simplified Process – Must be very easy to navigate and use the site/ functionality.
KEY COMMUNICATIONS POINTS
• Feeling of Community
• Others share my situation
• Feel less overwhelmed
• Participation in Community
• Know how to use site
• Feel comfortable with site – Jump right in – Ask questions
• Community of people that “Get It” – 360 degree aspects of personal understanding.
• Multi-faceted community experience.
• Friendship, support, understanding, bonded by common experience
Note: the picture attached should be used as the example image if you are to use one in your design.