Blue Chip Athletic (BCA) is an athletic apparel company, specializing in custom-designed apparel (e.g. screen printed, embroidered, sublimated). One of the web properties for BCA is BlueChipAthletic.com, which is primarily focused on providing screenprinting and embroidery services to teams and individuals. A key feature of the BlueChipAthletic.com site is that users can browse an extensive gallery of sample artwork organized by categories (e.g. Basketball, Tennis, Family Reunion) and use this artwork as a starting point to develop their own custom designs.
Blue Chip is a dynamic and fast-growing company, and would like to use the site to differentiate itself from competitors in two main ways: Quality of art because of our in-house art staff, and the ease of use for a customer to get a quote and start an order.
The primary conversion goal is to have the customer select a garment type (e.g. t-shirt, sweatshirt), select a design, and provide information about the size of their order. Additionally, the customer will be asked questions regarding the specific service – such as the number of colors in their design and the print location.
We have a lot of projects that need web design help! Show us your best work!
The target audience for Blue Chip Athletic is fairly broad – it includes anyone interested in purchasing custom decorated apparel for a team, family, or other group. This will commonly include coaches or parents of sports teams, or other school-related group leaders. The audience will not be limited to those representing athletic teams, and may include individuals buying shirts or other apparel for a family gathering or any other kind of event.
The most targeted section of the site will be the category-specific landing pages. Each design category (e.g. Basketball, Cheerleading, Class Of, Soccer) will have its own landing page highlighting designs from within that category, and, if available, including testimonials or photos provided by customers who used designs within that category.
Schools are the most frequent and largest customer, and should be considered the primary audience of the site.
- Limit the use of ‘hard’ horizontal lines within the site layout, created either by color transition or separator lines.
- Logo: The ‘BC’ icon should remain, with ‘Blue Chip Athletic’ immediately to the right on one line, with smaller text below of ‘Custom Screenprinted Apparel’
- Open to suggestions regarding primary site navigation, but would prefer that it be in one location – either top or left.
- Right navigation should incorporate credentialing information, including: Over 10,000 customers served, We use quality garments from Gildan, Champion, American Apparel (logos), testimonials. Right nav content should be in greyscale so as not to distract from body of the site.
- Page body should contain a grid of entry points into product categories, with a list of links to sub-categories. Categories should include: T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Shorts, Headwear, Polos, Performance, Bags, Warmups
- Sample home page w/ examples of concepts described: http://sitetuners.com/
Quote Generation Page
- Current quote generation page: http://bluechipathletic.com/Scripts…dSvcList=7
- Goal: Clean interface, highlight the next user action
- Include context-sensitive help on input fields
- Can stop and get quote anytime.
Screenprinting Category Landing Page
- Sample landing page: http://www.customink.com/team/volle…shirts.htm