Country-styled e-commerce web design with all the fixin's! We're looking for a designer who can deliver a little down home perspective and creative flair to our website design. It's got to be friendly and inviting since we're hoping to sell to garden folks who really enjoy growing vegetables. But don't overlook the underlying e-commerce element that will inspire visitor's to add products to their baskets.
Clem's Tomato Ladders and Clem's Pepper Ladders
Clem's Tomato Ladders is a small mom and pop shop sellingvegetable support systems to home vegetable gardeners. Our customers wouldprefer to spend more time in the yard and less in front of a computer so wefelt it was really important to let them see what they were getting as soon asthey landed on our home page and allow them to add things right to the shoppingcart immediately. It is also important that they see just how simple it is toset up our vegetable ladders as soon as they arrive on our page. We areplanning on placing a large 330x330px Flash movie on the home page (look forthis contest shortly on 99 designs).
We also want to highlight that we have a resources page onthe website that offers up great information on how to grow really greattomatoes and other vegetables. So we figured a nice looking display-like ad insteadof a simple button or link might be a better approach to draw attention to thisinner page.
Overall, it is important to us that we maintain our momand pop character, yet try to look professional and respectful to ourcustomers. So, the farmer logo (that we need help with - see details below)should be well positioned and branded accordingly, but we don’t want to getgimmicky with it or come across amateurish or trite.
Design Summary & Requirements:
- Provide final website layout in layered PSD file (CS2compatibility); ideally fonts are standard system fonts found on both PC andMac.
- Provide a simple logo based on our "farmer"clipart (see download below) in print quality editable Illustrator or Freehandfile; preferably a color and black & white version. Clipart must be part oflogo, but can be manipulated as desired. Adding some peppers into the basketwould be very ideal. Also add text, Clem's Tomato Ladders, to the logo mark,while making sure font remains editable.
- Design website based on a fixed 980px wide page. Theme shouldbe down home and folksy (see farmer clipart below), country, farm-like;wholesome and clean, open and airy; easy to navigate, focus on products. Wehave provided a wireframe (see download below) for general ideas of content andplacement, however note this is only for suggested placement and we are open toyour ideas.
- Colors: the site should be open and airy, so probably alot of white, but a little light yellow/oranges wouldn't hurt to drive homewarmth. Highlight colors probably should be red and green since that's what youfind with tomatoes and their vines.
Specific site-wide details:
1.1. Need logodesigned based on the attached "farmer" clipart; manipulate asrequired (need to add "Clem's Tomato Ladders")
1.2. Primarynavigation: Products, About, Common Questions, Helpful Links
1.3. Secondarynavigation: Home, Contact, Site Map (with accompanying icons; home preferable alittle barn)
1.4. E-commercenavigation: Please Sign In (login), My Account, Cart (e.g.: Cart: 2 Items $50.00), Checkout
1.5. Tagline: A Veggie's Best Friend.
1.6. OrderToday: 1-503-555-5555
2. Side Column:
2.1. CustomerQuote (with link to Testimonials page)
2.2. “Displayad” styled box for “how to grow great tomatoes”
2.3. 30-dayMoney Back Guarantee seal or badge
3. Footer (stacked navigation):
3.1. Shop: Cart,Checkout, Sign In, My Account
3.2. Company: Home,Products, About
3.3. Help: HowIt Works, Common Questions, Helpful Links, Site Map
3.4. Contact:Company Name, Mailing address, Phone #s, Fax #, Email
3.6. Paymentmethods (graphic for credit cards)
Specific Home Page Details
1. Brief website introduction (1 title and paragraph)
2. Space for Flash "movie" that demonstrates howto setup a Tomato Ladder; approximately 330px x 330px;
- Add link belowflash movie: More On How Tomato Ladders Work
3. Two (2) featured products boxes for tomatoes andpeppers
Includes: Nicepicture of product being used, product name, price and More info button to linkto respective products
Although ourpictures are poor, we have added scans of our product in action under thedownload link below.
4. Space for additional text (1 sub-title and 2paragraphs)
5. Callout box for 5 Advantages of Clem's Vegetable Ladders;text will be in bulleted format
Here are all the necessary downloads:
Home Page Wireframe
Pepper and Tomato Ladder Images (yes, these aren't sogreat but hopefully show how the ladders work -- these are not required in thedesign)
We want to be warm and friendly with our country themeand farmer icon, but not too gimmicky...try to keep the cute angle to a minimum.