The header and navbar must stay as is. You are only designing what comes below that area.
1. Visually, the eye should be drawn to a space which encourages clicks to find out more about my keynotes. This is the primary focus. There should be three streams: Business, Education, and Mental Health/Worklife Balance. Just put lorum ipsum text for now. Clicking on that area will take the visitor to a page with speeches of those topics.
2. I need an area for people to register for my email newsletter. See any of the inside pages for suggested text. Ideally, that image would look more like a real booklet, and not just a screenshot of a cover.
3. Room for "latest blog post" which will be generated dynamically by the site (self-hosted Wordpress).
4. Social media icons for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube (as per on the existing site).
5. Across the bottom, logos of my clients: Visa, British Airways, Cisco, Reader's Digest, AT&T, Bell, HSBC, and Honeywell.
If you have room, I'd like the image at http://www.todmaffin.com/images/fanbox.png to be on the page. This is not a mandatory, however.
I use Sansa Soft Condensed as my typeface. Please use it in headings and where appropriate (not body copy). It's attached.
The "Latest News" and "Popular Articles" section should be dropped.
Unlike what you see on the site currently, please don't use *obvious* stock imagery.