We are looking for a really really great template for small business websites. There will be top navigation and the main portion is a sales letter, with an opt-in box in the upper right. The challenge here is to make one that is so good, that it will work for ANY business.
In the world of internet marketing, there are many names for what we are looking for. Some call it a "landing page", others call it a "sales letter". Please do some research to see what we are talking about.
Here is a basic example:
That is not what we are looking for.
Here is a BETTER example:
But we want something even better. We want the coolest sales letter you have ever seen. AND its actually more than a sales letter. Its really a homepage, with a right sidebar, and a top navigation and the whole thing will be built on a WordPress blog platform.
This uber sales letter needs to be generic enough however, that we can use it for ANY type of business.
Here are some examples: lawyer, carpet cleaner, dentist, pet grooming, florist, CPA, mechanic, landscaper.
This template must work for any of these. We are an SEO firm who will be using this template to create traffic generating websites for all our clients.
For an example of such a client, look at this site:
You could even use it as a starting point, as if you were re-designing that site. Make it a lot better than it is and make it work for ANY type of business.
For the template's top navigation, use the following page names:
Home, About Us, Services, Testimonials, Blog,Contact Us
- One sales letter/landing page template
- One main column. One right hand sidebar
- Must look Web 2.0- fresh and clean
- Must look professional
- must convince the viewer in 5 seconds that "this site is legit"
- Must be SEO/spider friendly (in final form obviously, not the mock up)
- Must work for any type of business
- Space for a company logo
- An Opt-In Box at the top of the right hand column
- A very thin header (idea is to get ads much "above the fold" as possible)
- Check marks or other cool bullets
- pointy arrows
- badges (such as special offer)
- testimonial boxes
- Headlines, sub-headers
- 3D borders, boxes, headers, footers
- tiny or thin background image that looks great when it's repeated and flows into the background color.
- graphics can be optimized so that it will load fast.
- space for an online video
- Plenty of breathing room- "white space"
- most important content Above-the-Fold
- Multiple examples of how the template would be implemented for varying clients
- Run of the mill
- Something specific to any particular genre
- Crazy fonts where the content would be, that can't be reproduced with HTML.
- Something impossible to build with CSS