Scared Stuffless is a brand new company thats focused on supplying a niche product to a targeted audience. Our products are simple, we plan to launch a series of plush toys focused around horror icons like zombies, vampires, werewolves, chainsaw massacre guys, etc. and then follow those products up with interactive games that our users can play via facebook, etc.
While our products are "horror themed" this doesn't mean they are necessarily scary. Most of our designs are done in a horror-but-humorous fashion. This means that we are really more of a toy/collectibles company than an actual horror company.
We want to have a fun, website that can convey this sort of horror yet humorous fashion.
While maybe not necessarily applicable the sort of style I really like is something like this:
Although obviously those colors wouldn't work for us, but I really feel like the design is really humorous.
I have logos attached for you to use at the bottom. Please feel free to change the colors, fonts, etc. of these logos to better match what you are attempting to convey in your design.
I'm literally spending almost every penny I have on a fantastic design since I have friends who can code it for me for free. I will be very active in the feedback process.
The target audience largely depends on the toy we make, but it can still be narrowed down. We are generally after a young adult market, probably ranged between 15-24. Think the "Hot Topic" market.
Additionally, we plan on aggressively going after the "gamer" market with many of our lines of toys and, obviously, games.
Finally, and I'm not sure if this is a market of consumer or not, but the "horror" market is obviously a huge draw for us.
So here's what I'm looking for in detail.
1. An engaging background. Remember that fatcow website? One of the reasons why I love it so much is because the background just seems so inviting. I often imagine having a darker, but still humorous sort of graveyard type background. Feel free to experiment with whatever you want there, I'm open to all ideas, but do keep that in mind.
2. Where the content actually is must be bright and easily readable. I want the site to be horror-themed but still inviting.
3. Feel free to take the logos and adapt them however you see fit, which can include changing the font and colors.
4. Somewhere on the homepage I need dedicated areas for a Twitter/Facebook feed, a "From the Blog!" type area, and an area to showcase our latest designs, products. Very social media friendly...
5. I'll require a footer and a link bar, either on top or the side, your choice.
6. This is planned to be a multi-paged website. While not required, if you want to create some other pages of the the website in order to better give an idea of your design, please feel free to do so.
Once again, attached are the logos in PSD format. Let me know if you require anything further and I'll do my BEST to get you what you need to make the most awesome design ever.