Our homepage is an infinite scroll and should display the following elements:
- Header with our logo and NO MENU for navigation. We want something simple like we have in our actual homepage (https://howmuch.net), we just want a simple button on the left side that displays a menu.
- Main image with our last article
- Blocks of content categories:
The home page should display our 4 main categories in blocks (personal finance, the economy, real estate & business) , those blocks should show our different types of content (visualised, video, in the news, In 5 Minutes, Cost Guides, Cost of Living map).
The Blocks can display content boxes in different sizes and shapes.
- Newsletter signup. This is a call to action for our users to sign up to our newsletter.
- Contributor box. Here we invite our users to pitch us some stories related to personal finance and economy. If you need to get a better idea of what this section pretends you can read what we ask our contributors here:(https://howmuch.net/contributors-wanted.html).
- In the Media section. We have gotten lots of attention from the media in the past year. We would like to add “in the media/ass seen in the media” section to help us boost our credibility. But we will not like to just include the logos as many websites do (and we also did here: https://howmuch.net/about-us.html)
DO NOT FORGET to integrate our Cost Guides in Each of the Blocks.
This is a similar page to our Home Page but just displays the content from the selected Category (Real Estate, The Economy, Personal finance, Business)
When our users open an article page they must see:
The visualization with the written article, with great social media sharing options (fb, twitter and linkedin only) (MINIMALISTIC)
After user scrolls down the article he must:
Firstly see options to share the article in his/her Social Media channels
Read other related visualizations
In between other related visualizations the user must see all elements described in our home page .
This page is an infinite scroll
We will need an individual index page for each category (linked in the homepage):
Home Improvement: the task here is to improve the index that already exists: https://howmuch.net/cost-guides.html
Insurance: this category is being developed, that’s why there are not many published cost guides yet. However, the main categories are Small Business (in general) and Restaurant.
As you can see there is a lot of room for improvement in terms of layout and look&feel. These pages need to be user-friendly and easy to navigate.
COST OF LIVING MAP PAGE
Another important page in our website is this one:
We will not change the “selectors” of that page, but we need to integrate that page with the rest of the website in terms of look & feel and Navigation to other sections of the website.