Style should be clear and engaging for the visitor, making them discover the destination. The feeling should be web 2.0, elegant and trusthworthy. You can use impact images and style, provided it won't slow down the website speed. We are looking for a responsive style, so you are supposed to provide a proper layout for mobile. The website should inform visitors about the destination, but also sell services, which should be clearly visible and recognizable by the user. You can check the linked websites to have an idea of the beaches and sights of the island.
NOTE: we will guarantee the contest as soon as we receive enough entries.
Please also read the following:
1) Some content should be above the fold, especially: call to action to request a quote (clearly visible and eye catching), ferry booking, hotels, vacation homes and language/country switch.
2) The request a quote function lets the users asks a quote for our vacation homes or hotels with a contact form. We do not use and do not need a search function for hotels. There can be a general search function, just to let people use it if needed, but we don't want it above the fold as it is pretty marginal and the website will not be large enough to need it.
3) Since people request a quote by e-mail, we do not display our prices in the homepage.
4) We would also like enough space in the home page to make some presentation of the island to those who don't know it, i.e. maybe also featuring an image showing where the island is located with space for some introduction text.
5) We are looking for a way to get a conjuction of both services we sell and information on the island. The user must be able to get an idea of services and call to action at a glance when he lands on the page, but should be able at the samet time to surf and get information on the island. This should be done as elegantly as possible, without giving a packed or confusing look.
6) We do not need a newsletter function right now.