Create a website design that will be recognized by men around the world.
Winner may get the opportunity to become a part of the team as an in-house designer.
We will be publishing a full article highlighting the designers of this new online magazine. This will include the logo and website designer, with a short bio and pics posted - 100% optional of course.
Logo Contest Recently Won: http://99designs.com/contests/16817
Brand: The Rugged will be a men's online (lifestyle) magazine - with content similar to the publication "Men's Health" and the online magazine AskMen.com.
Eventually we plan to venture out into other men's products/services such as cologne, clothes, etc.
Demographic: Men ages 18-49 with the "core" audience expected to be in the range of 21-35.
Your Goal: Insert my content, and make it appealing to men. I'll leave the creativity to you.
- New Logo - Include the word beta somewhere nearby.
- Category Bar - Health & Fitness, Power & Money, Sex & Relationships, Sports, Stuff, Style, Tech Toys, Videos
- Menu Bar - Home, Shop, Tools, Forum
- Advertisement - 728x90
- 3 Columns- Community - Facebook, Forum, MySpace, Newsletter, Twitter, Widgets, YouTube
- Related Sites - - Advertisement - 728x90
- Change "More News" to "From The Past"
- Change "Weather Center to "On Our Radar" replacing the content inside the weather box with 3 articles.
- Article boxes remain the same. However there needs to be an additional single-box article section, since there are 7 article categories that need to be displayed (everything except the video category).
Right Sidebar (Top To Bottom)
- Newsletter Subscription - Include input for name and email, as well asthe option to choose between daily or weekly updates. Include the text "Sign up for our free newsletter, and never miss an articleagain! Stay updated with the latest in men's interests - we'll evensend you a free gift!"- Highlight Forum - Raising awareness that the forum exists.- Poll- Advertisment - 160x600
Left Sidebar (Top To Bottom)
- Advertisement - 300x250 or 300x600
- Video Player
- Featured Beauty - Picture and stats (name, age, location, etc.).
- Highlight "Healthy & Delicious" - Recipes
- Highlight "Bar Top" - Drink mixes.
- In Discussion - 5 most recent comments, with avatars displayed.
- Highlight "Weekly Debate" - We post a controversial issue with our opinion, and see what readers have to say.
- Highlight "Reader Says What" - An article that a reader wrote. Include an option to submit an article and become featured on the site.
- "Ask Rugged" - Include the text "Relationship on the rocks? Question aboutyour diet? Just need general advice? Ask our panel of experts!" Include input for name, email, and question
- Music Widget - http://www.yourminis.com/minis/your…tcastradio
- "Featured Product" - An advertisement, but it won't look likean advertisement. Basically a picture of a product such as a gadgetthat will link to an amazon affiliate link.
- "Daily" - Includes "Wit & Wisdom, Myth, Joke, Tips, Q&A, Statistics, Riddles" It would be best to design this section around tabs much like you see here: http://movies.msn.com/ Most of the main content on that site is displayed in a tabbed section. Youcan place this daily feature wherever you see it working the best.
- Clean, yet eye-catching!
- Easy to browse content - eyes don't wander everywhere.
- All article images need to be the same ratio as the image in the flash player.
- Don't want anything too cluttered.
- Don't exceed 1,000 pixels in width.