Desired Color Scheme:
The ones of our logo, although the blue should be a bit darker
Strong, but welcoming and friendly.
Accepted File Formats:
Design a new look for the website at http://www.hemac.com.mx
HEMAC is an OEM which specializes in industrial bulk/unitary material handling through the use of belt conveyors, bucket elevators, and many other components.
The company, though small, has a great reputation in Mexico, and it's a leader in research and innovation.
We want the site to convey a strong look, but not overly cold. It has to be clean and easy to use and navigate. Whatever you do, don't use bevels or anything like that (unless you're Jason Santa Maria and you know what you're doing).
Design something that stands out from other manufacturer's web sites, something different. Search for "belt conveyor" and "bucket elevators" to see some companies' websites. This shouldn't be too hard given that most websites look very outdated (including ours).
Design a home page with the following elements:
- Main navigation that can vary in length and # of items (use What we can do for you, Team HEMAC, Products & Services, Research & Innovation, and Contact Us as placeholders).
- A search box
- Phone number that will be clearly visible on all pages
- A message that is also visible on every page, with info on how to contact us to get a quote
- A small section for quick facts (small tidbits about our industry)
- A link to the founder's humanitarian project website: http://www.gansolandia.com
- A live help button/box (that can be removed without affecting the layout)
- A seal for our 25 year anniversary.
- A link to change the language (english/espaÃ±ol). An icon is optional.
- Link to a support section (separate from the main navigation, but clearly visible). Also design the tech support page, which will include manuals, FAQs, maintenance requests, parts, warranty information, report for technical issues. Just design a general look for each part of the page, so we can re-arrange items, or add and remove them.
On the home page, a summary of the main sections should be included, with the most weight given to the "What we can do for you" section, "Products & Services", and "Research & Innovation" (you might omit the other sections if you like).
Then, use this home design as a template and customize it for the sub-pages (the ones for the main navigation). Here's some info on what will be included in each section:
- What we can do for you: Case studies, clients, past work, testimonials.
- Team HEMAC: About our people, our technology, and our work.
- Products & Services: A list of all our products and services, with subpages for each product/service type, and another sub-page for each specific product (product-type/product). Also design the individual page for a product with the following elements:
* Product images
* Data tables with product specifications
* A box for important info that stands out (to put something like product benefits, applications, etc.)
* An icon for downloadable guides and catalogs
- Research & Innovation: Information about technologies we've researched, patents, innovations, real world applications, etc.
- Contact Us: Contact information, address, phones, e-mail, form to send a message, live help. Also, we want you to design a physical map of our location, so draw a simple map for any address you like, so we can see your style.
- Site map: Something simple so visitors can quickly see what's on the site and choose where they want to go.
We like useful footers, so design one to put extra information in (like the latest case study, latest photos, etc.). Don't forget the usual space for the copyright notice.
Feel free to design drop down menus (no coding necessary).
Also, you can use custom fonts for headings and the like, but for the main content, only the most widely available.
Please pay attention to detail. Design nice headings, a homogeneous look, nice UI elements (either graphics or otherwise), paragraphs, etc.
Note: For this contest, ONLY design the home page and any subpage of your choosing. You'll design the remaining pages after your design wins.
We want to be able to add and remove sub-pages from any section at will, so plan your design accordingly.
Feel free to ask for more info or clarifications.
Lets begin this exciting contest!