BargainJack.com, a bargain shopping site for guys, is ready for a kick-ass makeover. We have a new logo and now need a new, clean look to update the site. We have wireframes for the layout of the home page and our individual product page template…both are changing from their existing layouts. We want masculine, fun, techie and 2.0. Looking for a home page and an individual product page.
I've run 6 contests and awarded over $2200 so far. 80% feedback. This contest is GUARANTEED.
I want to see really original designs. Thanks!
BargainJack.com is a shopping site catering to guys who likegadgets, power tools, sports, video games, and beer. The demographic of this siteis primarily male, ages 18 - 35. The site caters to this demographic with manlyhumor and a strong social community, with the host of the site, Jack,delivering deals on the various products that guys like. Jack is witty,informed, sarcastic, and funny. He's a man's man. The site should have a similar vibe.
Colors: colors need to include the logo color but we’d liketo see other complimentary colors so that it’s not just monochromatic. Big deal to us: clickable links should alllook “clickable” …so please give them all a color that is never used fornon-clickable text.
Our new logo, created on 99designs by Mogeek, is here: http://99designs.com/contests/11766…ies/837353
Fonts used in the logo were collegia.ttf andmyriadPro-Regular.otf.
Here are links to the wireframes:
Everyday, “Jack” blogs about the top deal of the day on thehome page. As we showed in the wireframe,we think it would be cool if this blog entry appeared in a conversation ballooncoming from our “Jack” avatar. Go to http://www.bargainjack.com for a larger image ofJack. So, we’re open to keeping thissame Jack illustration around, but want to downplay him more than on thecurrent site. His clothing and clothingcolors can change if you’d like. If youthink that he just doesn’t fit with the new look and feel…we’re open to that,too.
Once we like your overall design for the home page, we’llask you to create the product page. Andthen, we’ll ask for pop-ups and hover states of buttons.
- Masculine, fun, techie, web 2.0
- 2 pages: home page and individual product page
- Designed for 1024x768…prefer 1000px wide.
- We’ll need your psd files with as much of the layers intactas possible
- Ideally, want at least a part of the first row of productimages to appear above the fold at 1024x768 so that people will want to scrolldown.
- The main call-to-action on the page should be the Buy It Nowbutton for the product in the blog/commentary.
- Youcan apply your creativity to the wireframes and move things around…as long asall elements are accounted for
- style should compliment our new logo
- usability is a big deal to us
- want a design that is appealing even if the main product images we're featuring on a given day aren't too appealing
- for individual product page, limit product image to 350px wide...and remember that some of our product images are very bland, so the page needs to be attractive without help from the product image. Imagine if we were featuring a white dress shirt on a white background.
- if you use stock images...tell us so that we don't get sued by istockphoto ;)
- No thin or serif fonts
- no monochromatic blue sites
- should not use the style from our current site
- nothing girly (no pink, no purple, no rainbows or kittens)
- no designs that rely too heavily upon colorful/vibrant product images...since we sell some boring-looking stuff sometimes. hard drives - hello!?Thanks a bunch everybody! Bring it!