Wattpad is the world's most popular ebook community for readers and writers to discover, share and connect. Also known as YouTube for ebooks, our users are highly engaged and love sharing their ideas and interacting with each other.
We are looking for a design update to our 3 year old site; one that is fun, fresh and incorporates the best of the current elements.
This is a chance for the world to see your design! Our site has over 10 million visits a month, your design is sure to make a huge impact.
Primary audience are female, teens to young adults, English speaking. Secondary target is anyone up to age 30 from all over the world. The winning design will target both of these groups.
There are 3 pages required (and links to current design)
Front Page - http://www.wattpad.com
This is where we showcase the best stories by categories, most popular writers and most recent activities. The common navigation element will be used through out the site.
Also, we would like to put a stronger emphasis on different categories. For example, we would like to see say the top 5 entries in each category, with the #1 in each category being shown more prominently. We also want to show the the overall top 10 somewhere in the front page.
Reading Page - http://www.wattpad.com/214453
This is where visitors come to read and share their feedback.
User Profile - http://www.wattpad.com/user/Katiewolf
A user's profile page, keep in mind that users can personalize the page by uploading their own background image. The different components of the profile (about me, messages, fans, etc.) may or may not appear depending on user's settings.
Here's what we'd like to see in the winning design:
* clean, clear and easy to use - usability is important
* fun and inspiring - we hate the "corporate" look; bright colors are good, but should still appeal to those outside our key target audience
* content is key - keep the focus on the content, help the users get to the stories and writers
* showcase the community - highlight users and what they are doing. Use this to entice new visitors to participate.
* modern but not trendy - help us stand out from the crowd
* ad placement - layout should account for practical placement of standard ad banners
Final deliverables will be layered PSDs and AIs if vector graphics are used. No HTML or code required.
Our logo is attached below. The preference is to keep our current logo.