Missy Foy is one of the top ultra-distance runners in the world, and her sponsor (Johnson & Johnson) wants her to have a web site to showcase her accomplishments. What's even more amazing than the fact that her workout last Friday was a measly little 40-mile run is that she is a diabetic athlete, which makes her particularly special in the eyes of the diabetic, medical, and running communities.
So we'd like to provide a web site that's equally special, which is why we're turning to the incredible 99designs talent pool!
See Missy Talk...
You can learn a little more about Missy by checking out this dLife television segment:
We've provided a folder of starter images for you to use in your design at http://missyfoy.com/design/. Be patient while they load, and then just click a thumbnail to grab the full-size image. This image, http://missyfoy.com/design/IMG_0674.JPG , is her favorite, but feel free to use the image that best suits your design.
To give you an idea as to flavor of site Missy likes, we also provided a folder of screenshots of designs or sites that caught Missy's eye. You can view those at http://missyfoy.com/samples/.
Here's the skinny on what she did and did not like:
- http://missyfoy.com/samples/9029-b.jpg - nice and clean
- http://missyfoy.com/samples/2969-b.jpg - this one is a little, um, Web 0.0 for me, but it caught Missy's eye (she couldn't say why, it just did)
- http://missyfoy.com/samples/2041-b.jpg - She likes the blue at the bottom of this design, but she ain't married to it, so if your creative juices bring other colors, go with it! (By the way, she also said she likes red, white, and blue)
- http://missyfoy.com/samples/2036-b.jpg - Missy thought this banner was kinda cool (site was too busy, though).
- http://missyfoy.com/samples/cghp1.jpg - loved the clean design, hated the colors
- http://missyfoy.com/samples/golf2.gif - Thought this was very clean. Personally, I'd like something a little more modern looking than this.