Photo of the Day
We are Social Expeditions. We make Facebook/MySpace/iPhone applications and games. One of our biggest titles is Photo of the Day (http://apps.facebook.com/photo_of_day/) . POD started as a simple app, randomly selecting a photo from the users' albums or tagged photos and showcasing it as their "photo of the day" and encouraging them to share it with their friends.
The app has evolved and we want to add sub-products such as the ability to add frames to photos and to add effects. Even more distant from the original concept, we have a feature called the "impressions game" where people do impressions of celebrities.
Our audience is 70% women of all ages , very international with millions of users in the US, UK, France and Italy.
Many Moms use our application to share photos of their children.
We are looking for fresh ideas for the front page of our application:
It's important that the flow stay the same (pop up and then front page).
The idea is to create an application in which the user has 3 main actions:
1. Sharing photos with friends
2. Enhancing photos (frames, effects...)
3. Browsing through friends' photos
We do want a coherent navigation (nav) that maintains these goals:
1. Making it intuitive for the user to get what the app does (showcasing a photo but also doing other fun things with photos daily)
2. Having a nav that allows for at least 7-9 elements (in case we add new sub/features). We have considered moving the nav to the left (see attached).
3. Structural clean up in terms of sizes, whitespace (the photo must stay appx. the same size or larger).
4. Maintaining the appx. positions of the advertising units.
To understand the app fully, please play with the application:
1. try to frame a photo
2. publish a photo to your wall
We cannot change:
- The look and feel of the borders of the pop up and its buttons
- See area for design attachment