Piatti Ristorante and Bar
We are a new restaurant located in Glastonbury, CT, USA. We are a casual, yet elegant, restaurant providing Italian fare to the relatively affluent community around us. We provide a romantic, upscale, sophisticated setting for couples and families to enjoy. Glastonbury had a median age of 40, with an average income of $80k. 73% of the population is families.
individuals and couples 30+, families. Our clientele tends to be a more discerning group, both well-educated and affluent.
Looking for a site that fits our style. Although we are an Italian restaurant, we do NOT want a traditional Italian restaurant look. The site must be clean, easy to navigate and not overly cluttered.
Colors: brown and tan, maroon, dark greens. Background color can be black (we use black inside restaurant), and you can use maroons and possibly a ruby red as accent colors.
Navigation: will have either drop downs or a "sub menu" bar (see "sites we like" for an idea).
- Dinner Menu, Wine Menu, Drink Menu
Sites we like/dislike
- Dislike the colors, use colors we discussed
- Like the home page layout with the box layout
- Like the motion and bw/color mix in the photos
- Like the motion picture, flame
- Like the join email club button in plain site
- Like the colors (black)
- Like how the pictures fade in bw to color
- Like the simplicity of the site
- Like the secondary selection bar when you choose a main menu item. example, About Us, secondary- Contact, in the news, etc..
- Like how the pictures compliment the page
- Dislike the picture behind the menu bar, too busy
- Like - again like how the secondary menu bar is incorporated
- Dislike the site in general