We're developing an exciting new online payroll software for the Australian marketplace which is at the very leading edge of Silverlight design in Australia if not all over. We need a website that gives justice to our efforts as well as being the most important aspect of our online delivery component.
Our vision is to revolutionise the way small business in Australia conducts their payroll. Our mission is to provide clients with a comprehensive, intelligible, function‐rich and easy to operate payroll system. It should be straight forward to comprehend complex payroll issues.
The website will be responsible for the generation of most of our customer base. Whether through direct means, Google adwords, partner link or otherwise, potential customers will sign up via the website. Therefore, it will be the first and most important impression they have of the business.
Ultimately the website will convey trustworthiness & vibrancy in a leading edge, Web 2.0 style website
Core target: Australian Small & Medium Business, with 1 to 200 employees. The users will be:
- Business owners
- Those responsible for conducting the Payroll They see payroll as complicated, time consuming and as something that doesn’t add value to their business. It is a boring, compulsory pain.
Secondary Target: investors, partners They are looking for new companies that show potential, that can deliver a powerful ideas and that seem advanced for their time (they don’t want to team up with businesses that in two years will be out of the market).
- Convert web visitors into Paycycle customers
- Be on the cutting edge of consumer interface trends
- Demonstrate the new way of doing business in the web
- Drive trial in 80% of users accessing Paycycle website
- Differentiate ourselves from other online competitors
Convey the following attributes for Paycycle:
- Simple, simple, simple
- User friendly
- Easy to use
- Modern/ Tech savvy
MOST IMPORTANT THING THE SITE SHOULD CONVEY
Expert but user friendly (you don’t have to be complicated to know what you are doing), through two main points:
- EASY SIGN UP PROCESS: simple, clear and compelling. Words like “sign up now for 30 days trial in 60 seconds” have proven to hasten the sign up process.
- USER INTERFACE: the way the site communicates with potential customers, potential investors and potential partners has to be on the cutting edge of web 2.0 interface.
There are three websites that express the type of look and feel, design and user interface that Paycycle is looking for:
However, we hope to go beyond theirs and be truly revolutionary!
See the attached mindmap for sections and content ideas.
We require 2 PSD files. The first being the home page, and the second a generic content page.