The goal of this website is to provide entrepreneurs with information, services, and other resources they need to successfully start and grow a green business. For those reading my book about starting up Green Businesses, and coming up with ideas they want to pursue, but not sure how to move them forward, STARTlNG UP GREEN will provide the answers. The help will come from articles by industry insiders and experienced green entrepreneurs, experts in various fields (green promotion, business plan development, IT, HR, legal, facilities, finance), events, blogging, webinars, news, etc. Revenue will come from ads, courses, speaking, consulting, bulk book sales bundled with courses or partnerships, and webinars.
STARTlNG UP GREEN
The target market includes those leaning green, or already running green businesses, but also includes the broader group of entrepreneurs who may not have been green in the past, but are interested in moving in that direction. This group reads business journals, and particularly small business magazines for entrepreneurs.Visitors include entrepreneurs facing difficulty due to the economy (globalization, recession, price of oil), or people concerned about their career, who see green business as a possible solution. Potential visitors also include those who are concerned about the environment, are greening their life at home, and want to green their professional life as well. Those concerned about their health of their kids and buying organic food, those concerned about climate change and working to conserve energy, those worried about the price of oil and looking into more efficient cars and less polluting fuels.
The purpose of the site is to expand on my book, inform the public about its ideas, strengthen my
brand identification, and develop clients/prospects.
For the time-being you can use this as the placeholder content for the home page (please ignore the design):
Sections of the website should include:
- Home Page, About Us, Services, News, Contact Us, Blog, Green Expert, Insight
- There should be a call-to-action stating "Download a free chapter of 75 GREEN BUSlNESSES"
- We don't currently have a logo for the site, so feel free to just use plain text as a placeholder.
- The site should be between 960 pixels - 1,000 pixels wide.
- The site should be direct, clear, solid, open, honest, inviting. It will have content to
draw visits, and to sign up for further contact, future events, etc.
The design needs to say professional, with clear mission, functional,
drawing customers in to sign up and stay connected, and also inviting,
building trust and a relationship.
- Colors we like: green, aqua, yellow and blue
- Other sites we like (similar style is encouraged):-
- lazyenvironmentalist.com (style)
- mkd-arc.com (design)
- No aliased text, please!
- Flat design
- Red, purple, orange, dark blue, brown, black