UFCW wants to re-invent their image to be a young and hip type of organization
United Food & Commercial Workers Union - Local 1625
Design needs to convey a young and hip type of union and not an old and boring organization. The website is supposed to be built around a centralized photo area on the home page. "Friendship" is the key factor for this site. The photos would depict members in action and at events. It needs to be inviting and friendly to potential new members. Members need to feel welcome and know they are working with an organization that has their best interest in mind. We'd like the edges/site background to expand as part of overarching design.
See: http://www.sigmanu.org/index.php for the edges/site background example.
Photos provided will be scattered around the site to make everything more personal.
- President's Message
- About Us
- Who We Represent (drop down to ->Food & Beverage -> Healthcare)
- Why Union
- How To Organize
- In the Press
- Our Friends
- Photo Gallery
Font on logo is Bradley Hand ITC in bold
Logo w/out text
Small logo w/ text
Modules/Sections for the homepage
- Resource area divided into different categores (Disney, Healthcare). Resource area needs to be searchable as there are many documents
- Survey area
- Driving directions to both offices
- Spotlight (similar to a latest news area)
**Disclaimer: We hold the right to not declare a winner. Once a winner is chosen, payment will be made as soon as a final design is approved.
- Slogan: The best members under the sun.
- Color preference: blue and silver with some tan and green (logo colors)
- Header: Logo aligned left, rest will be flash with pictures of members fading in and slogan scrolls in from the right side overlaying the pictures.
- 760px width